English.news.cn | 2015-11-07 11:06:00 | Editor: huaxia
Chinese President Xi Jinping delivers a speech at National University of Singapore on Nov. 7, 2015. (Xinhua photo)
SINGAPORE, Nov. 7 (Xinhua) — Chinese President Xi Jinping delivered a speech at Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music at National University of Singapore on Nov. 7, 2015.
Below are key points of Xi’s remarks on South China Sea:
– South China Sea islands in disputes between China, other claimants have been Chinese territory since ancient times;
– Chinese government shoulders inescapable responsibility to safeguard territorial sovereignty and legitimate maritime rights;
– Freedom of navigation, overflight at South China Sea neither has been nor will be hindered;
– Peace, stability are starting points and objectives of China’s South China Sea policy;
– China has ability, confidence in working with ASEAN to maintain South China Sea peace, stability;
– China will stick to peaceful settlement of South China Sea rows although some Chinese islands illegally occupied by others.